-->

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spooner (Cruel School Ep + Where You Gonna Run ? Single)


A year or so ago I posted Spooner's second single "Where You Gonna Run" and I always intended on posting their first Ep, but never got around to it. Since that file is no longer available; I figured now is as good of time as any to repost it along with the first Ep Enjoy!
Spooner was a five piece from Madison Wisconsin that formed around 1978. Besides these records, they also have another single, as well as three full lengths to their credit. After Spooner, Doug Erikson, and Butch Vig, went on to form bands such as: Fire Town, and Garbage. Butch Vig produced bands such as: Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Sonic Youth, during the early 90's. If you would like to read more, check this site out.


The Band -

Butch Vig - Drums
Dave Benton - Guitar, Vocals
Jeff Walker - Keyboards
Doug Erikson - Guitar, Vocals
Joel Tappero - Bass


Boat Records 1979

1. Dancing Dolls
2. Working Girl
3. Member Of The Family
4. From My Head To My Shoes

♫♫♫...Cruel School...♫♫♫

Boat Records 1980

1. Where You Gonna Run ?
2. You're The Lucky One

♫♫♫...Waiting For Your Call...♫♫♫

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank, you have no idea how much you have made my day by posting this. I've been a Spooner fan since seeing them live 1983 and 1984 in Madison. This is a real treat, and I will cherish this in my collection. Thank you!! andyw

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome Andy, glad you like the post. Spooner was a great band, thanks for the comment!