Thursday, October 9, 2008

THE THANES (I'VE SEEN DARKER NIGHTS)

The Thanes have been playing since 1986 in the semi-obscurity befitting an Edinburgh act that never moved to London.
Hailing from Edinburgh, Scotland, they have released tons of records on the coolest labels around, such as SUNDAZED, CORDUROY, MISTY LANE, LARSEN and DISTORTIONS to name but a few. They write originals that match their fine covers, and focus more on the music and overall sound than on adherence to iconography. They may not have had the commonly accepted caveman look and bowl haircuts of so many contemporaries, but they made some excellent music -- It's not easy to pick because these guy's have put out some really great records, but this is probably my favorite from the thanes. It's dark, the harmonies are great, in short, when I listen to this record at times it gives me chills. anyone who really loves music, knows what I mean. both sides are fantastic!!! enjoy Visit their myspace page, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=72516631
.
1. I'VE SEEN DARKER NIGHTS
2. HAPPY CHAIN
.
DISTORTIONS RECORDS 1995
.

No comments: