Wednesday, December 24, 2008

THE NEANDERTHALS (ARULA-MATA-GALI)

I think This is going to be my last post for the year but you never know . If that turns out to be the case, I would like to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in my site , and for all the great comments . So far its been allot of fun , and I've learned allot . This a really cool, and funny record . I really like the thick saxophone on the title track . I think that they're from the from Nashville, Tennessee area , but I could be wrong . If they're still around maybe some day I'll have to go see them live . I think it would probably be allot of fun .The Neanderthals claim to be real Cavemen! They dress up in leopard skin furs and play silly looking longhorn guitars to get their trashy sound. They play primitive stomping rock 'n' roll reminiscent of 60's garage frat-rockers The Sonics and The Trashmen with a little Chuck Berry and Link Wray thrown in. They sing about girls in hot rods and monsters in spaceships. No poetic introspection or post modern angst here.
Rumor has it that the members include guitarist Eddie Angel (Los Straitjackets) and singer Johnny Rabb, who's usually too drunk to give coherent interviews, but is a wild showman who has been known to disrobe onstage when gotten too excited!
So there you have it. If wild guitars, stompin' beats and wildmen dressed like The Flintstones playing real rock 'n' roll rattle your primordial bones then a Neanderthal show promises to be the most fun you're likely to have this millennium.
.
.
1. ARULA-MATA-GALI
2. GIRL AND A HOTROD
.
SPINOUT RECORDS 1995
.

3 comments:

Frank Miller said...

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENT'S ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

frank,best wishes for 2009

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Dave , Happy New Year!!!