Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE NORMALS (ALMOST READY HARDCORE)

Here we have another one of my all time favorite records . I read once that after they moved to N.Y.C they recorded an album that was never released . Does anyone have a tape or some kind of copy of the album ? I've been wanting to hear it for years .The New Orleans-based foursome issued one single in 1978, "Almost Ready"/"Hardcore," built up a rabid fan base, and supported nearly all the big names (including the Police, the Ramones, and Talking Heads), yet never landed a record deal. The Normals tried to change their fortunes by moving to New York in May 1979, but they split up after failing to make any headway there. To pay off its debts, the band regrouped for an annual hometown gig from 1981-1984 (a gesture it resumed since re-forming in 1997).
.
.
ELECTRIC EYE RECORDS 1978
.
1. ALMOST READY
2. HARDCORE
.

2 comments:

WHEELZ said...

Thanks for putting this one up Frank. Had this in my head just a week ago and couldn't find the tape that you put it on for me years ago. Your timing is perfect!

aronives said...

The Normals put out a cd a little while back entitled "your punk heritage," compiling a lot of their early recordings. Unfortunately I've never seen an album of theirs. Thanks so much for posting all this great music, you're saving me a lot of running between record player and computer and hitting pause on spin doctor pro! I appreciate it.