Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SUSSEX (TREAT ME KIND SINGLE)

I guess it would be easy to make the assumption where these guys were from ? However, I'm not sure if that's the case so I'm not going to make that assumption. All I can tell you is it appears they have this their first single, plus one other, and an album to their credit. With all that material, wouldn't you think that there would be some info on them out there? I searched for about an hour, and came up empty. Anyway, if you haven't heard this yet, it's a great record. Treat me kind is a classic, and for some reason what's the point kind of reminds of the Carpettes. The album has a more accomplished new wave edge to it, but its still a good record. all their stuff is worth owning.
.
GENETIC /RADAR RECORDS 1979
.
1. TREAT ME KIND
2. WHAT'S THE POINT ?
.
***DOWNLOAD***

6 comments:

Ian Longman said...

Yep, Sussex came from Sussex, Crowborough actually, knew them all personally, great sound, first gig was at The Marquee supporting Bram Tchaikovsky, first single "With a girl like you" had airplay on Radio 1, members all scattered round the globe now, sadly frontman Polly Perkins departed this world last year..........

Frank Miller said...

THANKS IAN, GREAT INFO.

Anonymous said...

yep, they were a great band, polly was my uncle. he was also in a band called the weazels. if you look on youtube you can probably find it.

Frank Miller said...

very cool ! Thanks for the comment!

dexterbaxter said...

I'm not exactly sure when I first discovered this 45 (late '79 I think), but I know that a dealer had a whole bunch of deletion stock of it in about 1980/81, and I had an indie/punk store in Sydney, Australia. It was one of my FAVE 45s of that whole era and I couldna believe that he was selling them for 10p. So I bought ALL that he had...about 200+...and MADE people buy them here. Actually I just wrote a huge ramble about it's sheer awesomeness and put about 50 in a box on the counter and they just marched outta the store. Kept refilling it. I could never find ANY info on them at the time. "With A Girl Like You" was their second single ("TMK" was their first). They woulda got no royalties for all those copies, but there was an army of fans here in Sydney! If only they'd known. Sad to hear about Polly P.

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment Dexter,what was the name of your store?