Thursday, October 29, 2009

THE MISFITS (HORROR BUSINESS)

I'm not going into a lot of detail here, I'm sure your all very aware of the Misfits story. I kind of shy away from them cause to be honest, the high record prices and overly obsessive fans kind of turn me off. But, with that said you cant deny their greatness. This is from the original Plan 9 single on yellow vinyl with haunted house story insert. I also have the first press Bullet single in the Better Dead On Red second press sleeve. If you go to misfits central there's a story on how they were mated together. Anyway, it's guaranteed original, purchased at Vintage Vinyl in Irvington N.J. years ago. I mention this to let any interested parties know that I could be persuaded to trade these records for Punk/Powerpop records of similar value. Email me. Founded in 1977 in Lodi, New Jersey by singer and songwriter Glenn Danzig, The Misfits had a fluctuating lineup during its first six years with Danzig and bassist Jerry Only as the only consistent members. During this time they released several EPs and singles and, with Only's brother Doyle as guitarist, the albums Walk Among Us (1982) and Earth A.D./Wolfs Blood (1983), both considered touchstones of the early-1980s hardcore punk movement. The Misfits disbanded in 1983
.
REFERENCES - WIKIPEDIA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_(band)
.
PLAN 9 RECORDS 1979
.
1. HORROR BUSINESS
2. TEENAGERS FROM MARS
3. CHILDREN IN HEAT
.
***DOWNLOAD***

4 comments:

Nazz Nomad said...

a couple of years ago, I sold mine for $250.

Frank Miller said...

They're classic records. But There's other records out their that I would like to own can't afford, that's why I said I would consider intresting trades. Honestly I have never taken 1 dollar out of my collection. Anything I've evr sold went right back into it. Thanks for the comment Nazz

Jimzig said...

I have to get this out...The far superior "Samhain" did a better job on H.B. in my humble opinion...Lyle's guitar and the overall sound on the "Initium" version is much more memorable...But Thanks!

Frank Miller said...

Hi Jim
As you know I never was a huge Samhain fan but, thats cool, I respect your opinion. Thanks for the comment.