Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE ALAN MILMAN SECT (MINI ALBUM)

N.Y.C's Alan Milman Sect released this little gem in 1977. I get the feeling this wasn't meant to be taken very seriously. Maybe along the lines of Freestone's Bummer Bitch. At any rate its a great record. A second single with a killer tune called (Spankathon) was released a year later under the name, Man-Ka-Zam. Along with Doug Khazzam , Alan Milman also did some songwriting, co-producing and backup vocals with Buddy Love. I read he was also in a band called Duck and the Ponds,which I know nothing about. A 30th Anniversary disc compiling the two 7-inch EPs, unreleased studio tracks, and live recordings was released on Floatation Records, that you can get for 10 dollars HERE .
.
LINKS - MYSPACE BUDDY LOVE WEBSITE
.
BRITZ RECORDS 1977
.
1. Punk Rock Christmas
2. Stitches In My Head / I Wanna Kill Somebody
3. Teen Tour
.
***DOWNLOAD***

7 comments:

topper said...

Got this on too Frank...nice you posted this one

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Topper, hey, I was wondering, did you take your name from the old TV show???

topper said...

no........just a Clash fan

Frank Miller said...

I didn't think of him. I should have guessed.

topper said...

yeah.......you should have

Doug said...

Doug Khazzam here. Just saw this post and got to say, THANKS FOR NOTICING! LOL

Alan and I were songwriting partners in Alan Milman Sect, Man-Ka-Zam and Buddy Love from the years 1977 through 1982.

Three years ago Buddy Love reformed with all the original 1980's members. Check out our website http://buddylove.us

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment Doug, I added a link for your site to the post. All the best, Frank