Friday, November 23, 2012

The Pencils (Watching The Tears Single)

(per request, repost from 5/10/2009, new rips, and scans)
The Pencils formed from the ashes of a London based powerpop outfit The Jetz, by Dennis Pugsley and Tony Skeggs. They released three great pop singles(I think this was the first) and an unreleased album. After the Pencils, the two formed a sixties tribute band called the Overtures. Go check them out.


Links -
Pencils Official Website
Pencils Myspace
Bored Teenagers
The Overtures Myspace

Line up-

Dennis Pugsley - Vocals, Bass
Tony Skeggs - Vocals, Guitar
Andy Wells - Drums
Rick Birmingham

The Next Time Around Record Company 1982

1. Watching The Tears
2. You Say You

♪♪♪ The Pencils ♪♪♪

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so great. Stomping drums and a swirling keyboard -- perfect! An awesome find. Thanks for posting it!

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome, glad you like it. Thank You for the comment!!

callmyname58 said...

I loved this made me buy the Anthology album on Amazon. I don't know if I should be asking you this but do you have The Pencils "Early Sketches" CD. It came with the Anthology disc as a bonus. However since I didn't order it from Kool Kat Musik, I didn't recive it. If you, or anyone you know do have The Pencils "Early Sketches" , do you think you could send it to me online I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Frank Miller said...

Sorry, I don't have the Early Sketches CD; take care.