Monday, August 1, 2016

Division 4 (On The Beat Ep)

Wow, time goes by so fast. I can't believe it's been three months since my last new post. If your a regular of this blog; I guess your pretty used to me apologizing for long absences by now. This isn't the way I want to run things but it's all I have to offer right now. I guess a faint pulse, is better than no pulse at all. Anyway, lets get back to what really matters, The Music!
  
Division 4 were a four piece from Sydney, Australia; that were around from 1980 to 84. Brothers Brad and Kieren Fitzpatrick, formed the band out of the ashes of a short lived Punk outfit, The Bland. Feeling like the Punk scene was dying, they recruited Joe Genua and Anthony Howell to form the band. Anthony left and was replaced by Ian Schofield, who played on this, their only record, (as far as I know) which was independently released. If you would like to read more about Division 4, go check out their Facebook Page.

Line Up -

Brad Fitzpatrick - Guitar
Kieren Fitzpatrick - Vocals, Guitar
Ian Schofield - Bass
Joe Genua - Drums, Vocals

Independently released 1982

1. She's Just Not Anybody
2. Stop Dreaming
3. I Can't Give You Everything

♫♫♫...I've Got My Own Problems...♫♫♫

2 comments:

Punk Archivist said...

Hi Frank - Like much Australian powerpop I'd never heard this one. Thanks. Any chance of a re-up of the SPASMS 'Telly' single? Just the A-side - I just found out that my rip has a skip in it!

Frank Miller said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond. No problem, I'll get it re-uped for you. Thanks for the comment!