Friday, March 8, 2019

The Law King Size Cigarette Plus Three Other Big Hits! Ep

   Hope all of you are well! Wow, it's been a long time, with no post for me.. Oh well, I'll spare you my usual apologies. This blog is almost like an old girlfriend, whom with I once had a hot relationship. No matter where my life seems to take me, it never strays too far from my mind. It's hard
to let it die.
 
   The Law were a five piece from Des Moines Iowa, that were around from 1978 till 1981. This is their lone release, on their own Fly-Girl Records Label. I read that only 500 copies were pressed. I've seen an insert with a bowling pin on it but unfortunately, mines not one of them.

Line Up

Chuckie Suicide - Vocals, Guitars
Tim P. - Guitars, Shouts
Billy Disease - Organ, Sax
Mac Paul - Bass
Bolt Upright - Drums

Fly-Girl Records - 1980

1. King Size Cigarette
2. Hole In My Heart
3. Satellite Rock
4. Reason For Treason

♫♫♫...You Can't Make Us Shut Up...♫♫♫  

7 comments:

Whimpers and Bangs said...

Thanks Frank! 90's pop-punkers The Parasites did an excellent and faithful cover of "Reason for Treason" (sans saxophone) on an early single of theirs (never re-released anywhere, unfortunately). I always knew it was a cover, but never knew who did the original - until now. It's a great tune.

helfer34 said...

Chuckie Suicide is actually Charlie Chesterman (RIP) of Scruffy the Cat. Bolt Upright is Tad Hutchison of the Young Fresh Fellows

Frank Miller said...

I always liked The Parasites cover of New Math's, Die Trying too. Funny story.. I went to see them with a friend back in the 90's. We were standing in the back, outside, after the show. Dave,(the singer) was hangin' back there too. My friend struck up a conversation with him; the usual, great show, etc. So my friend tells him that he loves the cover they did of The Beatles Paperback Writer. Dave abruptly turns to him and says, " I hate that fuckin' record. I'd like to throw it up and use it as a skeet shoot!) To say the least, it was an awkward moment. I still laugh about it, now and them. Thanks for the comment.

Frank Miller said...

Hi Helfer, I knew about Scruffy the Cat but not the Young Fresh Fellows, cool band! Thanks for the info and the comment.

Reinhard said...

Great tunes - good to have you back, Frank! If you find some time, please re-up the NEW MATH "Die Trying" 7 Inch. Nolti from Berlin played the song yesterday at his weekly radio show http://www.new-rose.de/

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Reinhard, you got it. Thanks for the comment!

EricC said...

They also put out a tape called Instant Party, which was remastered a few years ago when folks were trying to raise some funds to help out Charlie in his last days. I still have originals of both tucked away in boxes downstairs.