Friday, May 22, 2020

The Freshies (Yellow Spot Single)

a re-post, originally posted 9-6-2008, new rips and scans, enjoy!
   Time for a few re-post's. As I said when I first posted this record almost 12 years ago...(can't believe it's been that long) Yellow spot used to drive us crazy. My uncle had it on an old mixed tape from a friend that he lost contact with. The song remained a mystery for almost 20 years before I finally solved it, taking a chance on an ebay listing. I can't tell you how many people I played it for, who I considered knowledgeable and continually came up empty. Much of this time was before any of us had the internet. I used to think it was probably something pretty rare; turned out, it wasn't. Still a great record though, lol..
   The Freshies were a four piece from Manchester, England that formed in the mid 1970's and continued till 1982. Founded and led by Chris Sievey, the band went through numerous line-up's. Although having a considerable amount of releases and material, I don't believe The Freshies released a full length. This and the majority of the bands releases were on Chris Sievey's own Razz Records label.
   After The Freshies split, Sievey went on to a solo career alongside his comedic alter ego, Frank Sidebottom. Sadly, at the age of 54, he passed away of Cancer in 2010.

Line Up

Chris Sievey - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Rick Maunder - Bass
Neil Tomkinson - Drums
Barry Spencer - Lead Guitar and Vocals

Razz Records 1980

1. Yellow Spot
2. If it's news

3 comments:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

For some reason your last few uploads/reposts have errored when opening the RAR?? Oh well, I should have them anyway from following you over the years.

Frank Miller said...

I just tried all of them on my phone and they opened and played fine. Sorry, must be something on your end?

bristolboy said...

It Could be the same problem I was having - try changing the end of the downloaded file to .rar