Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Action - She's Got My Heart Single

   a re-post by request, originally posted 10-14-2010, new rips and scans, enjoy!.
 
   The Action were a three piece, from the Stow, Akron, Ohio area. They formed sometime around 1977, and self released three singles, this being their third . They're all worth owning, but this, and Radio Music, are definitely my favorites. By 1983 they decided to call it quits.


Line Up

Michael Purkhiser - Guitar, Vocals
Cliff Bryant - Drums
Brent Warren - Bass, Vocals

Radiogram Records 1982

1. She's Got My Heart
2. Till I See You Again

7 comments:

Frank Miller said...

You got it Ozzy, enjoy!

Jim H. said...

Thanks much, i know I have this somewhere!!!! Stupid trivia: some years ago, here outside Boston, i bought an big, dusty, old late 60s Vox amp, from a guy who said he was a sound guy for a midwestern Beatles tribute band......he later told me Mr. Purkhiser was involved somehow with said tribute band.....i believe I emailed Michael a few times, seemed like a top gent!!!!!!!

Frank Miller said...

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the comment! I have a Jetglo, Rick, 330, that would probably sound great with your amp...lol. I've always wanted to pick up an old AC30.

Anonymous John said...

Michael Purkhiser. Ohio. Is (was) this guy related to Lux Interior? (Erick Purkhiser)
-Anonymous John

Frank Miller said...

I have no idea. Definitely seems like a possibility?? It's not a common name. Thanks for the comment John.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's Lux's brother.

Frank Miller said...

Thank You for the confirmation.