Wednesday, January 13, 2010

COLDCOCK (I WANNA BE RICH SINGLE)

Detroit's Coldcock was Founded by Guitarist Gerald Shohan, and frontman Andy Peabody. Guitarist Vince Bannon was one of the co-owners of Detroit's legendary punk club Bookie's.Rounding out the group was Dan Blickenstaff(bass) and Bob Mulrooney (drums) This was their lone single which was self released. Info on these guys is pretty scarce so if you would like to add anything I would be happy for your contrabution.
.
I.D.B.I. RECORDS 1979
.
1. I WANNA BE RICH
2. YOU'RE A MESS
.
***DOWNLOAD***

3 comments:

ograwker said...

Great post! Most likely one of my favorite 70's 7"s of all time. Posted this on my site as well awhile back. They did release one other song on the Detroit On A Platter compilation. I'll get around to posting that sometime. Though that track doesn't come anywhere near the two on their 7". Keep up the good work!

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment. It seems as though we have a few records in common. It's not easy to post quality records that someone has'nt already posted.I don't even try anymore.I'm just posting my favorite records from my collection. I enjoyed you blog. I'll add you to my blog roll. Thanks and keep up the great work on your site as well.

bat29 said...

I think the drummer was previously in The Ramrods and after Coldcock was Bootsey X & The Lovemasters through the 1980s and 1990s. I've just posted a live Coldcocks show on my blog for those who might be interested: http://noiseaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/09/coldcock-detroit-mi-9-24-78.html