Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lou Miami And The Kozmetix (Fascist Lover Single)

Lou Miami And The Kozmetix were a Boston four piece, who were around from 1978 till the mid eighties. During that time they released one single, two EP's and a couple of comp tracks. The core of the group was: Lou Miami, (Vocals) and Jack Rootoo ( Guitar). Drums, and Bass were somewhat of a revolving door, but at least on this record; it was: Tom Martel, (Bass) and Mike Ross (Drums). As you can see, the sleeve of this single is a white plastic cosmetics bag that was meant to mimic a Lord & Taylor shopping bag. (I love creative packaging) Both sides of this record are winners in my opinion. Fascist lover smokes, and the flip is a great cover of the Lulu hit, To Sir With Love. Although I read it's rumored an LP may exist, I don't believe one was ever officially released. I'd like to also note, the flamboyant front man Lou Miami eventually became involved with practicing witchcraft in Salem. After the bands end, in The mid Eighties; Lou Miami moved to LA, and in 1995; passed away from heart failure. Jack Rootoo, formed a band called Girl On Top, and in 2008, died of esophageal cancer. I found THIS PAGE you should definitely check out, it's a great read.
.
Final Vinyl Records 1982
.
1. Fascist Lover
2. To Sir With Love
.
***DOWNLOAD***

7 comments:

zach said...

ha! that sounds like a sweet packaging. at first glance i thought it was a cassette or something, from the shape. as for the music, great stuff. love the voice. oh and thanks for the Sorrows recommendation, great stuff too. thanks.

Frank Miller said...

Hi Zach, I guess the only downside to the bag is; it's hard to find one in nice shape. Glad you like the Sorrows, Teenage Heartbreat is a great track. Thanks for the comment.

zach said...

ha i could imagine. it looks like yours is in pretty good condition. yeah it is a great track.

Anonymous said...

when I first moved up here to Boston with a band I was playing with in Philly in '85, Lou was probably at their peak around that time.....their EP had a great song called "Ghosts' that had a lot of airplay and even a video I remember locally....i used to see him at a big outdoor flea market, and he was a guy that, well, was someone that stood out in a crowd! I think he used to have a parasol and non-hot weather clothes, so he was a picture!!!! jim

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment Jim, I read he was a pretty flamboyant character.

Dave G said...

Man, I have had this 7" for a few years now and have never played it. I got it when I bought a friends record collection a few years back, I will have to give this a listen now. Thanks for bringing this back to my attention.

Frank Miller said...

No problem Dave, thanks for the comment.