Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Name (Forget Art Let's Dance Single + Bonus)

The Name were a Peterborough area outfit that formed from the ashes of The Gobblinz , And The Now sometime around late 1978, early 79. I'm pretty sure this was their only single. After a number of line-up changes; they called it a day in 1981. If you'd like to read more on them; check out THIS SITE. I included the naughtier version of F Art for your listening pleasure. Detour Records, released a retrospective on The Name, you can find HERE.

Dindisc Records 1980

1. Forget Art Let's Dance
2. Misfits

***DOWNLOAD***

2 comments:

binkerbo said...

I got a download of this post from somewhere recently and found that the "forget art" track
isn't the song in question. It might actually be title "you are my fate". i was wondering if you might know who the original artist was?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ukwq99znfpnu0tq/21_-_You_Are_My_Fate.mp3/file

Frank Miller said...

The tune you're referring to is track listed as Misfits. Whether that's correct of a misprint, I wouldn't know? Thanks for commenting!