Monday, October 24, 2011

The Razz (Air Time)

The Razz were a five piece from Washington, DC. I'm not exactly sure when they formed but I'm guessing it was around 1977, and were around till 1979. I think this was their second, (officially released) single; it came out on their own O'Rourke Records label, in conjunction with Limp Records. Members went on to play in bands such as Nightman, and The Howling Mad.


Band Members (on this record) were:

Michael Reidy - Vocals
Ted Niceley - Bass
Bill Craig - Guitar
Tommy Keene - Guitar/Vocals
Doug Tull - Drums

O' Rourke Records / Limp Records 1979

***DOWNLOAD***

9 comments:

Mr_Crass said...

Nice post from early DC scene. Any more Razz to post?

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment, maybe I'll post another one of their singles some time.

here. said...

Ted Nicely also produced most of the Fugazi records and Tommy Keene was/is a pretty great solo act

Frank Miller said...

I agree, that's why I linked up some info on him with his name. I wasn't aware Ted Nicely produced the Fugazi records; thanks for the info, and the comment.

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Saw Tommy Keene play around 2 a.m. way back when in Chicago. Loved that era of fine tunes; thanks

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome, thanks for the comment.

Unknown said...

Back in the day, I spent too many smokey nights at The Varsity Grill (Univ of Md) grooving to the pub band sounds of The Razz. Well, time has moved on since those glory days, and - we've all grown a bit older ... and it seems one of the guitar players in The Razz has just died ... Tommy Keene is gone!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/tommy-keene-power-pop-songwriter-and-star-of-80s-dc-music-scene-dies-at-59/2017/11/24/ed373d1c-d12b-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html

Frank Miller said...

Thank You for letting us know the Sad news. My condolences to Tommy's friends and family, R.I.P.

Anonymous said...

I miss The Razz. Any chance you could re-up this? Thanks.