Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Revolver (Some Other Guy Single)

   If you've followed this blog for any period of time, you may have figured out by now that I have a soft spot for Beatlesque, or 60's British Invasion sounding Bands. Here's another record in that vein to add to the list. I couldn't find any info at all on these guys, which is funny since there's a quote on the back of the sleeve calling Revolver, "The Biggest, Hottest, Property in the history of American show business". I found one band with the same name, from the same period out of Cleveland and a more recent one out of California; neither of which appear associated with these guys. At any rate what we have here is a solid two sider, consisting of two covers that were part of The Beatles  live repertoire around 1962-63. Some other Guy was originally written and released as a single by Richie Barrett in 1962 and I'm gonna sit right down and cry over you was written in 1953 by Joe Thomas and Howard Biggs. It looks like these guys may have been from Sierra Madre, CA and drummer Rolo Sandoval has been associated with other Beatles tribute acts, but that's all I have.

Line Up -

Mark Estes - Rhythm Guitar
Howard Lea - Lead Guitar
Jim Wootten - Bass
Rolo Sandoval - Drums

Revolver Records 1983

1. Some Other Guy
2. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry Over You

♫♫♫.I'm The Lonely One.♫♫♫

6 comments:

GraemeSTL said...

And there's another one from Scotland - see here: http://mylifesajigsaw.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=revolver

Frank Miller said...

Hi Graeme, I remember when Bruce posted that one. I'm sure if you start hunting there's probably several more bands named Revolver. I didn't dig to deeply into it, I was only looking for these guys. Thanks for the comment.

zach said...

oh hell yes. love this stuff too. those are some great covers they did. and the actual record cover is great too. thanks for the upload.

funny cause i just posted a promo beatles 7" a second ago.

bristolboy said...

I'm liking this, thanks for the post Frank.
BTW I've another 2 from the UK in my collection (& If I remember correctly, yes they are Beatlesque)

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comments, Glad you guys like the record. I'd definitely be into hearing those other Revolver records, if you get a chance sometime Bruce.

zach said...

damn, i'd love to hear them too.