Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Cold (You Single)

a repost by request, originally posted 8-12-09 new post, rip and scans, enjoy!   
   The Cold were a New Orleans five piece. The band formed in 1979, from the ashes of a previous endeavor called Totally Cold.They released several singles (this being the first) and Two Lp's before calling it quits in 1985. All of their records were released on Kevin Radecker's Top Pop Record label. Vance DeGeneres, brother of Ellen DeGeneres, later worked as an actor, producer, and in comedy. Prior to The Cold, Chris Luckette played drums for The Normals. The Cold were recently inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. Here's some great live footage to check out as well!

Line Up

Barbara Menendez - Vocals, Keyboards
Kevin Radecker - Guitar
Vance DeGeneres - Bass
Bert Smith - Guitar
Chris Luckette - Drums

Top Pop Records 1980

1. You
2. Three Chord City

♫♫♫...It's Time To Hit The Floor...♫♫♫

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Los tres primeros singles son increibles...y el CD "three chord city" es un deber.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for "You" for two years now. I can't believe I decided to look again today and you just put it up!

You're awesome! Great taste in music, too ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this and their other 7". Had never heard of them before. Any chance of posting their lp's "16 Songs" and "Major Minor"? Thanks again and great blog by the way!

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome Spusan, glad you finally found it, and thanks for the kind words.

Frank Miller said...

I don't own the lps. But if I evr come across them, maybe I'll pick them up. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

I have never actually heard the lp's but read on a discography site that they existed. I liked the 7"'s so much that you posted I would love to hear if the lp's are just as good. One more question. Would you happen to have an lp by a band called Twist. It is from 1979 or 1980 on Polydor records. I know it exists as it was reviewed in a Trouser Press book but I have never come across a copy of the lp. The band did have a track on one of the 20 of another kind lp which was great. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Angry

Frank Miller said...

I REMEMBER THE TWIST,I THINK THAT COMP TRACK CAME FROM A 7" THAT I MIGHT HAVE. I'LL HAVE TO LOOK. I NEVER HAD THE LP THOUGH.I WOULDN'T MIND HEARING THAT MYSELF. I LIKE WHAT I'VE HEARD SO FAR FROM THEM. SORRY ANGRY, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS.

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank - Can you re-up Three Chord City/You by The Cold? Thank you
Barry

Beyes said...

please re-up...thank you!

Frank Miller said...

You got it, Enjoy!