Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Heartbeats (The Sun Won't Shine Single)

a re-post, originally posted 3-6-2011, new rips and scans, enjoy!
   The Heartbeats were five piece from Halifax, Nova Scotia. This appears to be their only record and I've never seen a picture sleeve for it. I couldn't find much about them the first time I posted this and unfortunately, nothing's changed.

Line Up

Mark MacMillan - Guitar, Vocals
Paul Smeets - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Morrow Scott-Brown - Bass
Ian O'Donnell - Drums, Vocals
Bill Donnelly - Guitar

Unity Gain Records 1984

1. The Sun Won't Shine
2. She Won't Talk

♫♫►►What More Can A Man Do◄◄♫♫

4 comments:

Jim said...

I lost the flash drive I had this on, thank you so much for the re-up. "She Won't Talk" is a goddamn classic of power pop. Thank you in general for keeping this site going for all this time, I've learned a lot.

Frank Miller said...

Hi Jim. Honestly, I would have never dreamed it would still be going after all these years. Came close to killing it a few times but never had the heart. I'm glad I never did. I've learned allot too. That's one of the most fun things about posting these records. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I just found a board tape of a Heartbeats show I mixed 40 years- I'm digitizing and will get to Paul Smeets

Frank Miller said...

I'd love to hear it, if you'd be willing to share it with me? Thanks for commenting!