Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PLASTIC IDOLS (EINSTEIN EXPERIENCE EP)

Houston's Plastic Idols seem to have been around from 1978 to some time in the early 80's. They had two singles of which I believe this was the second, and a great track on the are we too late for the trend comp. There's also a cd out there called the Plastic Idols : Singles, Demos & Live: Houston Punk '78-'80. Unfortunately I really couldn't find anything else about these guy's. As for the record it's another one of my favorites. I think the solo in Einstein Experience rates right up there as one of the best solos on a punk record. I put it up there with the great Greg Ginn solos on some of the early Black Flag records. The lyrics of uncircumcised twin are really funny. He always gets ahead cause he's got a little extra. Classic stuff!!!
.
VISION RECORDS 1980
.
1. EINSTEIN EXPERIENCE
2. UNCIRCUMCISED TWIN
3. SIAMESE LUST
.
***DOWNLOAD***

2 comments:

topper said...

like the Plastic Idols.....if you camn find the V.a. Are we too late for the trend.......buy it cauze its a good one

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Frank, I just found your blog tonight, what a fantastic eclectic mix of music.

I'll add you to my blog list.

By the way you can get the other Plastic Idols single over at Killed By Death. if you have trouble finding it then drop me a line.

All the best Gary