Friday, September 18, 2009

NEW BOMB TURKS (SO COOL SO CLEAN SO SPARKLING CLEAR SINGLE)

With a distinct sound all their own The New Bomb Turks, from Columbus, Ohio have cranked out a ton of great reved up Punk & roll records over the years. I think this is their first record, but I'm not sure. The original was released on Datapanik Records in 1992. I have the Dog Meat version from 1994. They're one of the many bands I wish I could have seen live, I'll bet they really rip. It seems as though there less active but still around, so maybe I will one day. The founding members are Jim Weber, Eric Davidson, Bill Randt, and Matt Reber. Sam Brown replaced Bill Randt on drums in 1999. Guitarist Jim Weber, is now a 10th and 11th grade English teacher at Hilliard Davidson High School. If Jim happens to see this post I hope he doesn't correct all of my run on sentence's.
.
REFERENCES - WIKIPEDIA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bomb_Turks GRUNNEN ROCKS http://www.grunnenrocks.nl/bands/n/newbombt.htm
.
DOG MEAT RECORDS 1994
.
1. CRYIN' INTO THE BEER OF A DRUNK MAN
2. JUST HEAD
3. LET'S DRESS UP THE NAKED TRUTH
4. DO THE POP
.
***DOWNLOAD***

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back sir, good to see the posts rolling again. Love the woggles ep
A.J

Frank Miller said...

Thanks A.J, I'm glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Their first release was a split 7"EP with Gaunt (another great band) on Datapanik from 1991. The two NBT songs were "Tail Crush" and "Out of My Mind." They were a killer live band. Thanks for the great posts.

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome and thanks for the info. I knew about the split but, I really didn't count it as their first release because it was a split.But I guess technicaly it was. Thanks

convertido said...

Thanks for this. The wife and I caught NBT twice. They played in Dallas back in '93 with Gaunt and were great; strangely they played a few blocks away from and an hour after MDC, it was a fun night! Again a few years later they strolled through town with Teengenerate and were equally great. We would still love to see them a third time

Frank Miller said...

Wow,What a night! NBT, Gaunt, and M.D.C. Thanks for the comment.