Saturday, October 3, 2009

THE GAS (INGNORE ME SINGLE)

The Gas were a great three piece from England. They released a number of singles and two lps. Most of their records were on Polydor but, their second lp was released on the Good Vibrations label which, I guess led some to believe they were Irish. From a sound standpoint they vary, mostly teetering between Punk and Mod. In my opinion I always thought they sounded allot like the Clash. Ignore me is a great track but I must tell you my favorite stuff from these guys lies on their first LP Emotional Warfare which, I have full intentions of posting one day. My Friend John, told me once, his Friend Jack Rabid (who writes the Big Takeover Magazine) got to see The Gas live on tour with I believe he said The Ruts. Anyway he told him they were a great live band. Lucky guy!! I couldn't find much of anything as far as info out there on these guys, so if you have any please feel free to share with us.
.
POLYDOR RECORDS 1981
.
1. IGNORE ME
2. DO IT, DON'T TELL ME!
.
***DOWNLOAD***

8 comments:

GraemeSTL said...

I've seen another Gas 7" out there in Blogland - the one with the posh toffs on the cover. It was really good too. Yes, please post the LP - I'd love to hear it!

topper said...

Nice band....never heard them

thanks Frank

Frank Miller said...

The lp has more of a Punk/Clash feel to it.For some reason on the 2cnd lp they changed quite a bit. Thats not always a bad thing but, in this case I believe it was.The first one is a very underated record though. As soon as I get a chance to record it I'll get it up for you.Thanks for the comments GraemeSTL and Topper!!

Nazz Nomad said...

They had another great single called "The Finger"

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment Nazz Nomad. The Finger was a Good single. Actually, I think they had two or more besides that even. I have most of them I'll have to take a look.

Leigh Heggarty said...

The Gas were a great band, saw them many times around London - supporting Ruts D.C. at The Lyceum and in their own right at venues like The Fulham Greyhound and The Hope and Anchor. The first album 'Emotional Warfare' is brilliant, the second 'From The Cradle To The Grave' isn't quite as good but still has it's moments and all of their single are well worth a listen. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Any way you could post this on another site? the link is dead...

Frank Miller said...

There's nothing wrong with the site, it's just the link. I'll repost it as soon as i get a chance, I have a few other requests i need to get to first.