Monday, March 22, 2010

COBRA (LOOKIN FOR A LADY SINGLE)

Somewhat in the vein of the last record but, leaning more towards Rock is Northern Ireland's Cobra. This was their only single, these tracks also appeared on the Belfast Rock compilation. I'm really not sure when Cobra formed but I can tell you they broke up shortly after this was released because drummer Nigel Hamilton went on to play drums in the Tearjerkers. I read somewhere Nigel Boyd was not their regular singer. Nigel Hamilton was into his voice and asked him to Guest on the record. I'm not sure if that's true or not. As per usual, there's not much out there on these guys so, if anyone has anything to add, or to correct me I always appreciate it. The Cobra line-up- Nigel Hamilton (Drums), Nigel Boyd (Vocals), Mickey Thompson (Bass) Keith Sewell (Lead Guitar) and Glen Crawford (Lead Guitar).
.
Rip Off Records 1978
.
1. Lookin For A Lady
2. Graveyard Boogie
.
***DOWNLOAD***

No comments: