Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Flashcubes (Wait Till Next Week Single)

The Flashcubes were a Syracuse, N.Y. four piece who formed around 1977. Band members are guitarists Paul Armstrong and Arty Lenin, bassist Gary Frenay and drummer Tommy Allen. This is the second of two singles on the bands own Northside Records. I considered posting both of them, but I think this one is the better of the two, so I decided to just stick with this one. Unfortunately, my copy isn't in the best condition, but I've been listening to it allot lately, and thought it would be a good one to post. By 1980 The Flashcubes called it quits.
The band reunited in 1993,and released an lp titled Bright Lights which was a mix of old and new material. As recently as 2002 they released another disc titled Brilliant, and did some touring. I'm not sure if they're still going , or not, but you can check them out HERE .
.
Northside Records 1979
.
1. Wait Till Next Week
2. Radio
.
***DOWNLOAD***

4 comments:

gaxfax said...

Nice one Frank

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Gary,I like this one more than the Christi Girl Single.

Mike said...

A very nice 45. Thanks Frank

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Mike