Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Nils (Glory Daze)

I've been wanting to post a Nils record for a while; but I couldn't decide which one(I like them all). Since I couldn't make up my mind; I thought it would be cool to put together a comp, with a few of my favorites from each release. I used the cover from the "Paisley ep" which is pretty hard to find these days. The Nils were from Montreal, Canada; they were around from 1978, through 1994. Although the band went through a number of line up changes; the core was brothers: Alex, and Carlos, Soria. Before they called it quits, the Nils released; one Demo Cassette, two ep's, one full length, and a few Comp tracks. In 1997, Mag Wheel Records released a retrospective compilation titled "Green Fields In Daylight". I borrowed the first three tracks for this from it; but I riped the rest from vinyl. Green Fields has these songs as well, minus the LP tracks; but I never felt the quality was that great. Sadly, in 2004, Alex Soria committed suicide; if you'd like, you can read about it HERE. I found THIS PAGE as well for reading. Unfortunately, (in my opinion) The Nils were another one of those bands, that really weren't appreciated like they should have been. If for some reason your not familiar with these guys; give this collection a listen; and hear for yourself.


***DOWNLOAD***

4 comments:

Niteowl83 said...

A truly great band and Alex was the predecessor of Kurt Cobain.

Unknown said...

Great blog man, let's trade links!


__PNP__
punknotprofit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Daylight is such a great song! A friend of mine once put it on a comp tape for me and it's one of my summer hits, ever since then.
Freedom would have been a nice addition to this package too; heard it on youtube, but sound quality sucked.

Frank Miller said...

Thank You For The Comments!