Friday, December 4, 2020

Riff Doctors (I Don't Wan't To Go Back Single)

(re-post, new rips)
   Riff Doctors were a short lived four piece from possibly, the Hoboken NJ area. I found a track on one of the Teenline comps that suggests they were from Durham, NC,? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this was their only record; it was put out on Steve Fallon’s Coyote records label, who formerly owned Maxwell’s, a great club in Hoboken. After this, Donna Esposito, (formerly of The Cyclones) joined the band, and they changed their name to “Cowboy, and Spin Girl”. There's a cassette only release you can hear over at the great Wilfully Obscure Blog. As usual, information is limited; so if I have something wrong, or there’s something you would like to add, please feel free.

Line up:

Frank Bednash – Vocals, Guitars
Charles O’Hara – Guitar
Walter Sczesny – Bass, Vocals
Danny Lawrence – Drums

Coyote Records 1983

1. I Don’t Wan’t To Go
2. Falling

♫♫♫►►►I Hope You Understand◄◄◄♫♫♫

6 comments:

dvf said...

Thank you. I love this single but hadn't heard it in years thanks to appalling turntablelessness.

Frank Miller said...

Your welcome, glad to help!

wipeout66 said...

thank you! The music is in mono, did they recorded in mono?

Frank Miller said...

Hi Wipeout. I don't think so but I just listened to it and I'm not too happy with it. I clipped the hell out of it. Ill record it again when I have time. Thanks for the comment!

Jim H. said...

Thanks.....they were and are from the NY/NJ area.....in fact there's a track of theirs on the the new and very cool "Strum and Thrum' comp of 80s pop that was just released.....there's a cool cassette produced by Mitch Easter i think around '85, with Cyclones singer and guitarist Donna Esposito, who plays with leader Frank Bednash still......

Frank Miller said...

Thanks, I thought so. I wasn't sure because the teenline guy seems to know his stuff. Thanks for the comment!