Friday, April 22, 2016

The Doctors (Be My Lawyer SIngle)

Here's a cool Canadian two sider, that I basically couldn't find any info on. The Doctors may have been from Ontario but I'm guessing from the record label. Be my Lawyer is a solid Powerpop tune, while the flip, Hey You has a upbeat Punky, New Wave feel. Hey You is my pick of the two but both tunes are solid. I'm guessing the scarcity of info means this record is fairly rare so if anyone has any info on the band to share; I would appreciate it, Enjoy!

V.S. Records 1981

1. Be My Lawyer
2. Hey You

♫♫♫...Don't You Remember The Thrill...♫♫♫

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all thanks for posting this rare record. I remember these guys back in 1981 with there minor hit be my lawyer on MTV. Sorry not much info on these guys though.

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Patrick. I didn't know they were on MTV. I'm going to try to track that down.

Unknown said...

All i can say is good luck getting MTV to acknowledge any of these groups they gave airplay too, for some reason they don't know or just don't seem to care. You are one of the very few blogs that post these rare gems from classic MTV. You should be proud of that and i thank you for bringing back such memories of my youth. MTV gave airplay to a lot of these underated groups that have been long forgotten.

Unknown said...

Maybe you can try to track down this rare record from this classic MTV band called ( Invader ) They are from Australia. Back in 1980 they had a minor hit called ( Don't blame it on me ) This is a very rare new wave group only about 10 or 15 thousand copy's were pressed i think. Thanks again and good luck.

Frank Miller said...

My pleasure Patrick; thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. I can't say I ever heard the Invader single. It appears they were a Biker band and it's a pretty expensive single that many people want. I'm curious myself now. If any of you have a MP3 of this record to share, Patrick and I would be most grateful! I found a write up on the band you can check out Here...http://wallabybeat.blogspot.com/2011/06/invader-dont-blame-it-on-me-anastasia-7.html Thanks again.