Monday, January 20, 2020

Gordie Uranus And The Universe (Fear Of The Night Single)

   Gordie Uranus and The Universe were a short lived band from Ottawa, Ontario Canada, that were around in 1979. I couldn't find much on them but this appears to have been their only release. Sorry my sleeve pic isn't the greatest; my scanner had trouble with the one sided, reflective sleeve so I took the picture with my phone. I found a bunch of names listed as being members but as to the accuracy or who played what I can't say. I'll list them below; if anyone could help fill in the blanks, it would be most appreciated.


Line Up?

Gordie Innes -
Andrew Dixon -
Rick Villeneuve -
Brian Magner -
Sandy Smith -
Steve Peacock -
Bob Webber -
Barry Wanless -

Seed Records - 1979


1. Fear of the Night
2.It's Only Urgent

♫♫♫...Givin' Me The Chill...♫♫♫

4 comments:

bristolboy said...

There was a 12" Released in 1985

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2284423-Gordie-Uranus

Frank Miller said...

Hi Bruce,

I saw that but it looks like The Universe was gone by that point. I guess that's were some of the other names come into play?

polvo said...

Wow, thanks for this one. I've actually got a copy, with plain sleeve, given to me by Gordie himself at a high-school dance where friends of his were booked to play new wave covers. This would have been '79 or '80 and I had the impression he was based in Toronto but I could be wrong.

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Paul, appreciate the comment!