Tuesday, August 4, 2020

12 Inch Love Volume 1

   Any of you that have been following me for a while might remember some of my home made comps from early on. It's been a really long time since I've attempted anything like that. About six years ago, I had an Idea for this concept. I made the cover for it, saved it and for whatever reason, it fell to the back of my mind till recently.
   The only criteria is, it must be from a 12 inch and it must have something to do with love,( dating, relationships, breaking up, etc). I'm not locked in on any particular genres; although I'm guessing they'll be lots of Powerpop. I'm not focusing on rarity and songs may or may not have appeared here in the past. I'm Hoping to make this a fairly regular installment, with multiple volumes, 12 songs each.
   Basically, I'll be pulling songs I like from 12 Inch slabs of vinyl. It should be fun, since I normally focus on 7 inches, Enjoy!

Volume 1
 
1. The Beekeepers - That Girl
2. Bitter Pleasures - For A Little While
3. Flight Of Mavis - On My Mind
4. Blue Shoes - I Don't Know Why
5. The Broken Hearts - Just Love Ya'
6. Charlie Pastorfield - Tell Me Why
7. The Patriots - She Loves You Too
8. Epicycle - Biological Reaction
9. The Crayons - Trapped With Her Tears
10. Crash Street Kids - Into You
11. City Lights - She Wants To Be Sure
12. Fictions - I Let Go


7 comments:

Anonymous said...


superbe
just so great

bravo
RV

all 2008 don't work

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Nice idea! I'm looking forward to the series. Hanx!!

Frank Miller said...

You're welcome, glad you liked it. Seems like something, I should be able to have some fun with. Thanks for the comments guys!

I lost all of the files from my older posts, in the take down of Megaupload. If there's anything specific, let me know. I'll re-post it when I have the time.

RunaroundAce said...

I have a request for more current bands bandcamp links. All were new to me except Reflectors, and I've enjoyed them quite a bit. Thanks!

Mitch Useless said...

GREAT idea but where are the lnks to Volumes 2 to 100 ???
;-)


Thanks, would be indeed be superb to get more volumes whenever you'll find the time.

Frank Miller said...

Hi Mitch,

99 more.... No problem, I'll get to work on it, lol.. I've been thinking about it and I'm going for 12 in all, from 12"'s, 12 songs each, 12 volumes. I was thinking it might be fun to do at least one all Punk and one all Garage comp. I guess we'll see what hits me. Thanks for the comment, glad your liking it!

Frank Miller said...

Great Idea Runaroundace ! I'll try to squeeze more in. I'm glad you're enjoying them!