Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Press - Fodder For The Critics

   I seen this one for sale a few times over the years but never heard it. I finally got my chance when the Short Sharp Kick In The Teeth Blog posted it about ten years ago. A few years later, I finally scored a nice copy for myself. Since no longer available to hear; I figure this is a good time to add it here. It's a great record, with a nice mix of pubrock, pop and a few punk smashers for good measure. Trapped In The Wreckage is my favorite of the bunch.
   The Press were a Sydney, Australia four piece; that were around from 1977, through 1979. Besides this Lp, there's also a single; both are on Laser Records Label. 

Line Up

Steve Kot - Vocals
Bruce Cumming - Guitar
Michel Brouet - Bass
Rick Doolan - Drums

No comments: