Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Punsters (We're Drunk Again EP)

Keeping in line with the Summer theme; I thought this would be a fun record to post. Honestly, I really don't know much about The Punsters, and there's not much online about them as a group. Most of the info online surrounds Robert Kaplow , who seems to have started the band; and is an Author, as well as an English teacher in Summit, New Jersey. I'm not sure if The Punsters were a real band, or a joke, (no pun intended). I found evidence of a Moe Moskowitz and the Punsters, who apparently did a number of parodies, and sketches for National Public Radio’s Morning Edition. Other than this single,(which looks as though it was self released) I've seen an LP a few times, but I never picked it up. If you look on Utube there's a few Punsters videos you can check out. The other Punsters were: Tim Korzun, Marc Lanzoff, and Carmen Presti. Rosebud Records 1980 1. We're Drunk Again 2. Oh! Sarah 3. Boardwalk Santa 4. In Her Disarray

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that's us. Our first 45 from 1980. Moe Moskowitz and the Punsters was also us. Besides the Boardwalk Santa LP, we did two CD's of studio and live things plus "Moe Moskowitz" bits recorded for NPR. Robert Kaplow has details on his site, RobertKaplow.com. The fifth Punster, Mike Townsend, curates our YouTube channel. Thanks for the mention. - Dr. Tim

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the info, and the comment Tim.

Anonymous said...

Remember me.... your fitst drummer? Just to let you know, it doesnt bother me that you all choose to ignor me, because I have acheived in the music buisiness, more than all of you combined. Sorry....you all lost.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if these comments still make their way to you, but I would love a repost of the Punsters. Back then, I was a Jersey kid doing the DJ thing at Clemson. While home for a break, I was in Cheap Thrills, my favorite record store in New Brunswick NJ and struck up a conversation with a guy who happened to be in this local band. Long story short, I ended up with all their stuff and played the crap out of it on WSBF for unsuspecting southern college kids. The vinyl is long gone, but I'd love to have a decent digital copy of some of those songs. Boardwalk Santa, Drunk Again, awesome memories.

Frank Miller said...

I remember Cheap Thrills. I posted a new link, with a new rips and scans, Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, very much appreciated. I recently found your blog and am enjoying seeing some of these old bands that have long been forgotten.

Frank Miller said...

Any time, glad you're enjoying the site!