Thursday, March 11, 2021

The Pengwins - Small Vacation Single

    The Pengwins were a Kennedale, Texas four piece that formed in 1976, while still in high school. They recorded two self released singles, (this being the second); 500 copies were pressed of each. In 1988 a six song lp called, " Mad About the Band" was released. They called it quits in the early 90's.





Line Up

Lannie Flowers - Guitar, Vocals
Alan Petsche - Guitar, Vocals
Delbert Raines - Bass
Danny Wilkerson - Drums

Arctic Records - 1980

1. Small Vacation
2. Don't Be A Girl About It

13 comments:

DeathDealer said...

Thanks Frank this is another good one!

0 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the comment DD. Glad you like the record, enjoy!

Frank Miller said...

Hi,

No problem, I'll add you. Good luck with your new blog!

Take Care

0 said...

thanks, really appreciate it, i added you also.

junglelife said...

Hello Frank. Actually their 1st7inch record is also good.

Frank Miller said...

Hi,
I agree, the first one is a classic. I used to have a copy. Unfortunately, I can't find it. I've tried finding it a few times. I have to go through everything one of these days. I sold a bunch of records a while back. I hope that it wasn't part of it. If I see one reasonably priced I'll grab another copy...lol. Thanks for the comment!

junglelife said...

Hello again Frank. Now I have a few records for trade We may work out trade something, I'm collecting US punk,powerpop and new wave 7inch records period from 1976 to 1985 about 30 years, I got about 3200 7inch of them by now, But there are so many records that I'm looking for, So we may work out something. Hideaki

Frank Miller said...

Hi Hideaki,
I remember you. Send me an email of what you're looking to get rid of and what you're looking for. We'll see what happens?

Curty Ray said...

Lannie Flowers is such a great song writer and a great guy too. Thanks Frank for all that you do!

junglelife said...

Hello again Frank, Would you tell me your email address ? I will send my trade list and want list.
Hideaki

Frank Miller said...

shotgunsolution77@gmail.com

Frank Miller said...

Hi Curt, Thank You for all you do and thanks for the comment!