Saturday, April 1, 2023

Brandy - Treating Me Bad Single

   Long time no post... Apologies for another long hiatus. I seriously considered shutting down this time. I just don't have the time anymore and storage costs me money every month. Guess we'll see how it goes... Hope all of you had a nice holiday and are having a happy new year! Here's another record that my Google search, yielded little information on. The names on the record are: Andy Da Silva and Brenda Theresa. I'm guessing Brandy comes from combining their first names? Musically, Treating me bad has a British Invasion influence and is definitely the star of the show. It 
appears they were Canadian but I'm not sure? Any of you know anything; please share the wealth!!
   I tried a couple new things. For one, I included Wave and MP3 formats in the download. I know it's a bigger file and a slower download but I think the quality is worth it. If it's too slow, I guess I can ditch the Wave files. Let me know if you think it's worth it? Secondly, I finally figured out how to post a picture with a transparent background, It's the little things....lol.

East - West Records 1980

1. Treating Me Bad
2. Let Love (Into Your Home & Heart)

♫♫►►I Used To Think That Life Was Fair◄◄♫♫

8 comments:

Ixa said...

Thank you for great (and rare) upload. I appreciate lossles upload(s), maybe FLAC would be better because files are significantly smaller .
Thank you.

Pernt said...

Thanks for hanging in there, webmaster. I know keeping up an archive like this is tough. But no one would blame you for hanging up your digital apron and closing the doors forever. I'm just happy I've been able to discover a lot of cool, obscure early 80s tunes thanks to your effort. Well, whatever you choose to do, stay happy and healthy!

Frank Miller said...

Webmaster... I think not, lol! Thanks for the laugh though! Far as the blog goes, I think I said once before; it's like an old girlfriend that's hard to say goodbye to.. I've put so much time into it over the years, it's tough to pull the plug. Seeing the bill every month for something I barely use is a bit annoying. Anyway, thanks for the comment! Glad you've been able to find some tunes you like!

Frank Miller said...

You're welcome Ixa. Thanks for the comment. I considered Flac but I read somewhere it's not apple compatible?

Chris Goosman said...

I too, appreciate your dedication to the site. So many great tracks I've discovered because of you.

As a Mac user, FLAC isn't natively compatible with Apple Music (or iTunes if you prefer) but anyone messing with lossless files and Apple Music would likely know what to do and how to convert to something usable for them. That said there are also lots of media players that will playback FLAC on a Mac. VLC is one of them.

Frank Miller said...

Thank You Chris. I guess Flac strikes a good middle ground. Glad you enjoy the blog; thanks for commenting!

Mark L. said...

Nice to see you're still at it. Totally understandable that excess cost puts more emphasis on the labor side for a labor of love like this. Sadly I'm wondering if the shut down of zippyshare and new file limits for google-drive might lead to the same kind of extinction event that occurred following the great mediafire purge of 2012 LoL. In any case I'm sure the comments reflect how much your efforts are valued & appreciated and hope you find a viable way to to keep up the good work with insightful info and enjoyable tunes. Cheers, M.

Frank Miller said...

Hi Mark. Thank you for the kind words, I definitely appreciate it! Maybe it's because Im considerably less informed these days but it seems like there's far less music blogs than there used to be. Thanks for commenting!